Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is an SBA 8(a) and CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Vertical Transportation Specialist will serve as a member of the Elevator Management Program team, responsible for planning and managing projects associated with the design, construction, operation, and modernization of elevators and other vertical transportation equipment. You will participate in activities such as: estimation of costs, requirements development, conducting of assessments of work performed and on-site quality assurance inspections, periodic and acceptance testing, process development for program activities and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop project execution documentation for vertical transportation projects using industry best practices, applicable codes and policies.
- Review, interpret and implement Federal and DoS directives, regulations and legislation, as well as applicable industrial codes and requirements applicable to elevators and other vertical transportation systems, and assesses their impact on the overall conduct of the Elevator Management Program.
- Develop and interpret policies, standards, criteria and procedures to protect life and federal property or to reprioritize needed resources, utilizing performance measurements and the principles of Total Cost of Ownership and Lifecycle Cost Analysis.
- Research and analyzes problems, issues or program requirements for the Elevator Management Program, based on project management responsibilities within assigned posts, utilizing qualitative and quantitative program analysis techniques to identify and recommend to the Program Manager solutions to program-related problems and conflicts between basic policies, procedures and program goals; and periodically reviews the effectiveness of criteria, policies and procedures, implementing changes as required to attain lasting improvement.
- Assist in the development of process improvement implementation plans structured to gauge and contrast productivity improvements, evaluating the impact of organizational and/or process restructuring on resources and program outcomes; ensures that implementation plans span the full life-cycle of the program/project, including informational goal-setting sessions for all stakeholders; monitors and evaluates progress to confirm core competencies and workload are optimally distributed; institutes long-term feedback and evaluation mechanisms; and provides contingency plans for all phases of the implementation.
- Participate with the OBO Elevator Program Manager in the establishment of maintainability or reliability requirements and standards for vertical transportation systems.
- Perform technical review of designs and proposals developed either at post, by OBO, or by other agencies, and conducts feasibility studies to determine the maintainability of the proposed design.
- Perform vertical transportation testing of all kinds using indigenous codes and standards.
- Ensure that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner. Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving Post Management and OBO/FAC.
- Coordinate the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project planning, review, and construction phases.
- Ensure all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans. Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Develop/deliver vertical transportation training relative to maintenance, safety and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated mastery of vertical transportation operations, maintenance, design and testing through career examples.
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance.
- Must have 15 years of vertical transportation experience.
- Must have 5 years demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Must have a current QEI.
- Command of all U.S. based vertical transportation standards.
- Certified elevator inspection credentials.
- Direct field experience working the elevator trade as an elevator mechanic.
- Experience in the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of vertical transportation projects.
- Knowledge of, and skill applying, engineering technology principles and practices related to the repair and maintenance of a wide range of vertical transportation equipment on a global scale.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the contract solicitation process and the management of funds associated with contracted work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both orally and in writing to prepare detailed and highly complex technical specifications and reports.