Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is an SBA 8(a) and CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Project Coordinator (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Architectural) will provide expertise, advisement, coordination and recommendations on all phases of mechanical project development and implementation in direct support of Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facilities Management (OBO/FAC) at their Ft. Lauderdale, Florida plus TDY travel. You will serve as the OBO/FAC Subject Matter Expert (SME), providing advice on Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and/or Architectural engineering design reviews, project planning, space planning, building code analysis and compliance, and construction design reviews. In addition, you will advise members of the OBO/FAC management team and contractors to promote effective support of facilities operations, as well as agency-specific operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the principal advisor to OBO/FAC; advises on the development and implementation of comprehensive project schedules; and the presentation, review and tracking of approved project(s) changes and manages the production of updated schedules.
- Develops and/or reviews planning documents; reviews design concepts and detailed designs; conducts building code compliance evaluations.
- Performs peer review of plans, specification, and technical reports prepared by others.
- Develops cost benefit analysis; design life cycle cost estimates; drafts scopes of work; and conducts technical and feasibility studies.
- Works closely with OBO/FAC and post Facility Managers to ensure contract stipulations and requirements are properly followed by all contractors who perform maintenance and construction activities/projects in support of OBO. Any identified concerns are directly reported to the COR, not to another contractor. Reports to OBO/FAC Division Chief or designated representative within OBO/FAC or missions overseas.
- Identifies a variety of alternatives for meeting current and anticipated project requirement and advises on how to meet project needs from the availability of contractors and their expertise to the employable use of local assets (i.e. USG or contract). Recommends the most viable options and develops action plans and strategies to implement approved options.
- Ensures that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner.
- Advises appropriate DOS personnel on the preparation of reports, papers, and other documents for senior leadership, including sensitive documents for OBO-level and/or Chief of Mission-level action.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Oversees/leads the production of technical information; the development and/or review planning documents; and maintains agreed technical and design standards.
- Develops detailed written assessments of the effectiveness of OBO/FAC projects. Identifies areas of potential improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and recommends specific actions to bring about needed improvements.
- Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving OBO/FAC and post Facility Management; coordinates the involvement of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and/or Architectural and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project planning, review, bid, and construction phases.
- Enlists the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensures all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implementation plans.
- Follows up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to employees assigned to OBO/FAC.
- Performs annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
- Develops and trains personnel on project functions.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Architectural discipline.
- On occasion, a Master’s License in the required discipline will be considered if able to meet all other requirements.
- Must have 4-7 years related experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have strong graphic and visualization skills with proficiency in AutoCAD and other visualization software.
- Experience with project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to OBO/FAC and post Facility Management in meeting short and long term operational requirements and experienced in developing plans and construction documents.
- Experience with the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of mechanical projects and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations. Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and obtain consensus on operational requirements on behalf of management.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to provide guidance and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent Facilities in a variety of forums.
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance.