Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is a CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Project Coordinator will provide construction project management and coordination services within the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) to include a variety of program duties assigned by the OBO organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates tenant and post executed projects in assigned countries.
- Maintains liaisons with the appropriate offices within OBO and its stakeholders to integrate the requirements and plans of all offices, bureaus and missions.
- Validates and prioritizes project requirements, recommends program plans and changes to plans, coordinates and integrates delivery of materials and services.
- Assists in identifying resources available for the planning and execution of project efforts and acts as a focal point for problem-solving and implementation of required actions.
- Coordinates and reviews the development, compilation, and approval of project specific engineering and related architectural criteria, develops project scope, duration, and budget.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel within OBO to establish schedules, project scope criteria and budgets.
- Coordinates the activities during design including pre-design conferences, site surveys, and integrated design reviews.
- Coordinates with the security team on the Construction Security Plans for project contractors, including planning and security coverages at ports, trans-shipment points, and transit to project sites.
- Works with the government stakeholders to modify logistics security methods to adapt to changes in shipping requirements.
- Provides technical support to project site during the construction phase to achieve compliance with design objectives and intent.
- Manages timely resolution of all technical matters that are at variance with the original project scope as contained in the contract.
- Advises the OBO Project Director, as required, on intent of drawings and specifications, substitutions and quality of work.
- Coordinates design changes that become necessary during construction.
Education and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture/technical discipline from a US accredited university or foreign educational institution comparable to the U.S. is preferred.
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance.
- Must have 10+ years’ relevant experience providing project coordination.
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, and techniques applicable to varied and complex design problems, projects, or studies.
- Working knowledge of related architectural concepts, principles and methods sufficient to ensure that areas of overlapping responsibility between technical disciplines receive proper design consideration, and ability to apply knowledge to the planning, design, and construction or rehabilitation of a variety of overseas diplomatic facilities.
- Working knowledge of transit security sufficient to ensure the secure transportation of property, materials, and information to extremely sensitive overseas project locations.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, methodology, and processes, including budget and resource control, risk management, scheduling, project life-cycle, and analysis.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement in developing and pursuing alternative courses of action necessary in the implementation of diverse, complex, and intricate technical requirements.
- Knowledge of DOS and Federal legislation, regulations, and policy regarding facility operations/maintenance to ensure that posts comply with applicable guidelines and to ensure the safety, security, and mission capabilities of post personnel and facilities.
- Knowledge of Federal budget principles and processes, in order to play an active role in the formulation and execution of budgets for the assigned program area and individual projects at Post.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, in order to develop, present, and justify program and project recommendations and suggestions.
- Articulate and defend recommendations and decisions.
- Produce coherent reports, explain budgetary and material requirements.
- Develop statements of work, and exchange technical information with Post personnel, contractors, engineers and architects.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of basic and advanced functions of the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g., Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint) as well as other automated systems sufficient to permit the contractor to access, manipulate, and use data to track systems, programs, and project timelines and to develop spreadsheets and reports.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of basic and advanced functions of the AutoCAD suite of applications sufficient to review construction documents.