Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is an SBA 8(a) and CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Program Analyst will provide support for the implementation of major, highly complex, and mission critical facility management efforts throughout the world. You will work across the entire Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facility Management (OBO/FAC) organization, requiring significant insight, far-reaching coordination, and long term planning both internally and in coordination with other key offices within OBO (e.g. budget, policy, human resources, travel). The work requires management and overview of financial and human resources, administrative support services, organizational policy development and implementation, management controls, special studies and analysis, resource allocation, validation and prioritization of needs, review, approval, and audit of funding, and the establishment of internal operating procedures for OBO/FAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates as a key member of OBO/FAC’s management team providing guidance and advice to the Office Director and Division Chiefs with regard to establishing and meeting financial, management, and administrative goals and objectives.
- Oversees OBO/FAC support services and ensures services meet timely and functional needs of the Office and align fully with OBO’s mandated guidance and procedures; and works closely with other OBO offices to ensure FAC needs support and reflect management decisions.
- Provides training to multiple entities on OBO/FAC administrative and financial policies and procedures; serves as the point-of-contact for overseas posts on any questions on the use of OBO/FAC funds; and resolves problems and assists posts in obtaining needed resources.
- Conducts research and proposes solutions to organizational inefficiencies and to increase the effectiveness of the organization. Leverages expertise in management and organizational principles pertaining to areas of responsibility (e.g., administrative procedures, financial management rules and regulations, priorities, etc.) in order to plan and conduct complex studies to assess organizational and financial operations.
- Develops and/or recommends edits on facilities management policies. If accepted by the Department, promulgates said policies. Provides expert advice on the administrative and management implications of new program proposals. Drafts updates to 15 FAM to reflect changes based on the evolving mission and its authorities.
- Develops and reviews internal OBO/FAC initiatives to ensure the orderly, effective, and efficient accomplishment of assigned missions consistent with directives of OBO/FAC and higher Departmental authorities (e.g. New Embassy Transition, Mechanical Controls Program).
- Provides guidance or clarification to posts (e.g., 7901.3 Routine Maintenance and Repair versus 7901.C Maintenance Cost Sharing) on the correct use of facility management funds.
- Provides input on proposed changes to FAC funding matrices; and guidance on aligning FAC services with OBO goals and objectives.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Prepare meeting minutes, presentations and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the draft and/or review planning documents.
- Assesses the overall progress of funding implementation that is committed or in progress and outlines issues and recommends solutions necessary for senior FAC managers to improve or resolve difficulties, and to ensure funds are obligated and that carry-over is minimized.
- Oversees the initiation and accomplishment of administrative office support services (e.g.memorandums for decisions, official requests for information, etc.) functions ensuring they are effectively and efficiently enabling the organization to meet its worldwide commitments.
- Develops and maintains yearly and long-range resource needs in line with management priorities; monitors expenditures to ensure availability and correctness of funds; makes projections regarding expenditure patterns; and prepares and reviews financial expenditures,obligations, and fiscal year close-out reports.
- Develops and formulates financial and management controls for all Divisions; tracks all funds allotted to posts or allocated to programs to ensure that obligations and liquidations are used appropriately and contract actions are closed-out in a timely manner; and develops, coordinates, and reviews quarterly and yearly financial updates required by the Department, ensuring that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implementation plans.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. (preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field).
- Must have a active Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Must have six (6) years of general experience.
- Knowledge and mastery of the application of a wide range of qualitative or quantitative (e.g., using excel spreadsheets, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Departmental accounting systems) methods for assessing and improving effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the range of financial laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the Facility Management programs.
- Knowledge and ability to assemble and analyze relevant facts and draw significant conclusions.
- Knowledge and skill in presenting accurate findings and the ability to make feasible and responsive recommendations both orally and in writing. These recommendations may require negotiations with management to accept extensive changes in established procedures or they may involve substantial resources.
- Knowledge and skill in database management, data analytics, and the use of MS Office programs.
- Must interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Knowledge and ability to design and conduct comprehensive management studies