Website Espire Services
Location! Location! Location! We need great cleared Facility Managers to support our US Embassy's worldwide. Managers
Purpose: The Facility Manager will serve at US Embassy posts around the globe. Locations are expected to be intermediate to large facilities, with equally sized employee populations, as well as complex building systems where a high level of expertise is required to deal with unusual or emergency facility-related conditions or operational threats impacting the day-to-day operations at post. The right candidate plans, establishes, and directs a vigorous facilities management program, and coordinates the maintenance, renovation, and upgrade of existing building infrastructure. They are responsible for the day-to-day management of the safe operation and maintenance of the real property assets at post.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert management and technical guidance to Post trades staff and contracted staff in order to accomplish post-managed construction projects and recurring preventive and emergency maintenance and repair work.
- Coordinate all post-executed alteration, repair, and replacement projects and may be required to prepare technical specifications and/or develop design drawings for new projects.
- Provide direction and technical guidance in the planning, funding, management, and direction of facilities engineering studies and reports.
- Perform technical review of designs and proposals developed either at post, by OBO, or by other agencies, and conducts feasibility studies to determine the maintainability of the proposed design.
- Ensure that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner. Any identified concerns are to immediately be brought to the attention of the COR for action.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving Post Management and OBO/FAC.
- Coordinate the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, and specialty disciplines.
- Provide support in project planning, review, and construction phases.
- Enlist the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensure all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans. Follows up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Develop and train post FM personnel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. (preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree)
- Must have an active Secret and able to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Must have at least 5 years demonstrated project management related experience.
- 10 years of practical experience as Facility Manager may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards.
- Experience with the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of, and skill applying, engineering technology principles and practices related to the repair and maintenance of a wide range of intermediate to large facilities complex building systems.
- Knowledge of facilities management in an international environment.
- Knowledge of the operations of intermediate to large embassy/consulate complexes with complex building mechanical/electrical systems.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the contract solicitation process and the management of funds associated with contracted work.
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures, sufficient to enable the right candidate to develop, manage, oversee, and review facility management operations programs for intermediate to large embassy/consulate complexes and associated facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both orally and in writing to prepare detailed and highly complex technical specifications and reports.