Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is an SBA 8(a) and CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Facilities Management Advisor will provide expertise, advisement, coordination and recommendations on all phases of electrical project development and implementation in direct support of the Facilities Management Section. As the Facilities Management Advisor you will advise on electrical engineering design, project planning, space planning, building code analysis and compliance, and construction design reviews and oversight in order to achieve consensus and facilities management approval. You will advise members of the facilities management team and engage with the contractors to promote effective support of facilities operations, as well as agency-specific operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the principal advisor to the Facilities Manager.
- Advise on the development and implementation of comprehensive project schedules and the presentation.
- Review and track of approved project(s) changes and supervise the production of updated schedules.
- Develop and/or review planning documents.
- Develop design concepts and detailed designs.
- Conduct building code compliance evaluations.
- Perform peer review of plans, specification, and technical reports prepared by others.
- Develop cost benefit analysis; design life cycle cost estimates; scopes of work; and conduct technical and feasibility studies.
- Work closely with the Facility Manager to ensure contract stipulations and requirements are properly followed by all contractors who perform maintenance and construction activities/projects in support of Facilities.
- Report to the Facility Manager or designated representative when contract provisions are not properly being performed by Contractors.
- Identify a variety of alternatives for meeting current and anticipated project requirement and advise the Facility Manager on how to meet project needs from the availability of contractors and their expertise to the employable use of local assets, i.e. USG or contract.
- Recommend the most viable options and develop action plans and strategies to implement approved options.
- Ensure that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following-up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner.
- Advise appropriate DOS personnel on the preparation of reports, papers, and other documents for senior leadership, including sensitive documents for Chief of Mission-level action.
- Ensure that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinate with other affected organizations.
- Oversee/lead the production of design and technical information; the development and/or review planning documents; and maintain agreed technical and design standards.
- Develop detailed written assessments of the effectiveness of Facilities projects.
- Identify areas of potential improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and recommend specific actions to bring about needed improvements.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving Facilities; coordinates the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, and specialty disciplines; and provide support in project design, bid, and construction phases.
- Enlist the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensure all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans.
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to employees assigned to Facilities areas.
- Perform annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
- Develop and train personnel on project functions.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with knowledge/experience in power distribution discipline is preferred.
- Or a Master Electrician that can redline and design electrical systems.
- Experience and ability in developing, designing and managing projects that works well with other engineers and contractors.
- Experience with Commissioning and Testing; Dual and Single switch-gear; designing and specifying switch-gear; 3 pole and 4 pole switches; transformation switch and voltage drop.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience as per development and field implementation of the projects.
- Must have familiarity with organizations, codes, and regulations such as; but, not limited to: National Electrical Code (NEC, NFPA 70), National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), Underwriters Laboratories Listing Mark (UL), Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), 50 divisions, EM 385-1-1 (US Army Corps of Engineers, Safety), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standards, American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project/MS Office Suite.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have some AutoCAD experience.
- Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to Facilities Management in meeting short and long-term operational requirements and experienced in developing plans and construction documents.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of electrical/power generation projects and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations.
- Must manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and speak with authority on behalf of management in obtaining consensus on operational requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning and project management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Provide leadership and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent Facilities in a variety of forums.
Security Clearance: Must have an active Top–Secret clearance.