Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is a CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Construction Manager for Physical Security will provide on-site administrative, technical management and leadership for the design and contract compliance as well as the construction of large multi-million dollar Government funded construction projects at specified project sites. Must have an active Secret clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the total construction effort including project design to ensure the project is constructed for a security enhancement or construction contract, in accordance with the design, budget and schedule.
- Prepares a Request for Proposal for either a Design/Build enhancement or a construction contract. Ensures construction adheres to construction specifications.
- Reads, interprets, and deciphers all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, etc. Provides technical assistance and interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
- Logs, references, distributes, and files all related correspondence, drawings, and documents.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises on-site functions (scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff, when assigned).
- Creates, edits, and reviews Scope of Works (SOW) for multiple projects with attention to detail as a technical subject matter expert (SME).
- Ensures all project staff and subcontractors employed to execute engineering-construction tasks conform to applicable work rules and SOPs for security, safety, environmental controls, hazardous materials and underground utilities.
- Visits construction sites at all operating locations and submits required construction reports to monitor progress against schedule/timelines.
- Cooperates with visiting Government and DI personnel conducting official inspection visits and surveys and participate in their briefing or orientation.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and professional development to assigned staff.
- Manages the work of teams to procure and construct work.
- Leads, manages and mentors the assigned technical and professional staff responsible for the facilities construction management of tasks from contract development through construction completion.
- Attends meetings as required including design and construction reviews and construction kickoff meetings.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture/construction management preferred.
- 5 or more years’ of related experience with a broad engineering and /or construction background.
- Experience in government funded projects in the Middle East or remote locations preferred.
- You must have knowledge of cost controls, contractual and project management of international construction projects.
- You must have knowledge of construction materials, processes, techniques, and methods.
- You must have thorough knowledge of OSHA and related federal and state legislation and regulations.
- You must have knowledge and understanding of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Must have effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Requires an ability to gain a thorough knowledge of practices, standards, and regulations as they apply to the design and build of U.S. Embassy security enhancements of leased facilities, residential properties, and offsite compounds.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Has the ability to use Project and Construction Management planning and reporting tools such as Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and AutoCad.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- EIT or Professional Certification/Project Management Certification is desired.
Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top-Secret