Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is a CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: Support the Facility Managers with professional Civil Engineering expertise in civil site and infrastructure design to include deep water well systems, water distribution systems, waste water treatment plants, sewage collection and transport systems, grading and drainage, boundary and topographical surveys, concrete foundations and footers and flatwork, geotechnical assessments, specification writing, contract administration and construction management. This is a hands on job from planning and design to close out and acceptance of the final product. The Civil Engineer will be capable of producing detail construction drawings in CAD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be the senior civil engineer on staff and the principal decision maker about technical civil engineering matters.
- Develop project schedules.
- Assist in developing scopes of work.
- Proficient in CAD software including Civil 3-D a plus but not required.
- Advise on the development and implementation comprehensive project schedules and the presentation, review and tracking of approved project(s) changes and supervise the production of updated schedules.
- Work closely with Facility Managers to ensure contract stipulations and requirements are properly followed by all contractors who perform maintenance and construction activities/projects in support of Facilities.
- Report to Facility Managers or designated representative when contract provisions are not properly being performed by Contractors.
- Identify a variety of alternatives for meeting current and anticipated project requirement and advise the Facility Manager on how to meet project needs from the availability of contractors and their expertise to the employable use of local assets, i.e. USG or contract.
- Recommend the most viable options and develops action plans and strategies to implement approved options.
- Ensure that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following-up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner.
- Advise appropriate DoS personnel on the preparation of reports, papers, and other documents for senior leadership, including sensitive documents for Chief of Mission-level action.
- Ensure that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations.
- Oversee the preparation of meeting minutes, presentations and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the development and/or review planning documents.
- Develop detailed written assessments of the effectiveness of Facilities projects.
- Identify areas of potential improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and recommends specific actions to bring about needed improvements.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving Facilities; coordinate the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project design, bid, and construction phases.
- Enlist the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensure all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans.
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to employees assigned to Facilities areas.
- Perform annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
- Develop and train personnel on project functions.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineer
- Must have at least 8 years relevant experience.
- A licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in any state or territory of the United States preferred.
- Capable of performing field surveys using a total station instrument a plus.
- A licensed Professional Surveyor (PLS) in any state or territory of the United States a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project and AutoCad.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
- Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards.
- Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to Facilities Management in meeting short and long-term operational requirements and in developing plans that optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness in the assigned project management and support area.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations.
- Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations; and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and speak with authority on behalf of management in obtaining consensus on operational requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning and project management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent Facilities in a variety of forums.
Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret.