Website Espire Services
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is an SBA 8(a) and CVE-Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Purpose: The Administrative Support Specialist will provide a wide range of administrative management and programmatic support services including a variety of clerical support and program assistance duties. You will support the day-to-day office primarily for the Director and Deputy Director in an administrative and programmatic support role and on occasion assist other office staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, review and tracks incoming correspondence and cables and forwards them, with necessary information to appropriate staff members for action/information.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence for compliance with established policies, procedures, and format.
- Proofread and edit memoranda, documents, and other general and technical materials, and coordinate with other personnel and managers to finalize correspondence.
- Acts as a liaison with other offices within the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO) and the Department on office management issues.
- Maintain the Director’s and Deputy’s weekly and daily schedules.
- You will keep the Director and Deputy informed in advance of scheduled meetings and changes, ensuring they are prepared for meetings, briefings, and other appointments.
- Provide necessary assistance and support for office meetings and conferences, coordinating logistics for these events.
- Produce reports for the Office’s databases and spreadsheets.
- Organize and maintain the Office’s file and tasking systems.
- Apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity, prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive, and classified material.
- Develop graphics and documentation for presentations by management.
- Per instructions prepare, or adapt, spreadsheets and databases for applications.
- Manage office processes to help the Director and Deputy comply with established procedures.
- Assist the Director and Deputy in preparing travel requests and country clearance cables, making travel arrangements, and completing travel claims.
- Finalizes letters/memoranda, cables and drafts correspondence under appropriate supervision.
- Prepare meeting minutes when required.
- Act as Office Manager ensuring all equipment is properly supplied and serviced.
- Escort visitors through the office suite, ensuring compliance with security requirements.
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as may be assigned by the Director or Deputy.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top-Secret.
- Must have 2 years experience as an administrative assistant providing general administrative, secretarial, and/or clerical type experience.
- Excellent communications skills and be able to interface effectively with senior
- Provide guidance, operational direction and coordination of administrative efforts of all office administrative personnel within the program.
- Must have strong organizational planning skills and initiative.
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.).
- Possess strong writing, proof reading and editorial
- Familiarity with foreign affairs agencies preferred.
- Must be able to extract detailed information from various sources, accurately capture that information in the appropriate system or document and monitor status of information in order to prepare reports for management use.
- Must be able to research office administration processes, problems, and issues and provide recommendations based on findings